It can be a difficult decision to have a new heating system installed in your home in Gaithersburg. The process is inconvenient and expensive. But there are a number of great benefits to putting in a new heating system. We thought it would be helpful for our customers in Gaithersburg if we put together a short list of those benefits.

Greater Efficiency

One of the main benefits for getting a new heating system in your home is the increase in efficiency. Depending on what type of system you’re putting in, the efficiency gains can vary. But if you have an old furnace, for example, it likely has an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) rating of about 60%. That means that 60% of the fuel you’re paying for is actually getting turned into heat while the other 40% is wasted. New furnaces can have an AFUE rating of up to 95% or higher.

Fewer Repairs

Another reason to get a new heating system is that it will likely require less repairs. If your furnace, boiler or heat pump has started to need constant repair services, it might be a good idea to start thinking about replacing it.


New heating systems typically have a variety of safety features that are missing on old models. For example, new furnaces have high limit switches that can detect fires and even gas leaks. When activated, the switches immediately shut the system down to protect you and your home.


New heating systems normally are able to heat your home much more comfortably. Your new heating system will be able to heat your home quicker and more efficiently which could potentially lead to greater comfort.


Old systems typically make a lot of noise. This can sometimes be a nuisance if you’re trying to get to bed but your furnace won’t stop squealing. A new system will most likely be much quieter than your current one.

Using a Gaithersburg heating contractor that you can trust for your heating system installation can make all difference in the world. At Service Doctors, we have years of experience installing all different types and brands of heating systems in Gaithersburg. We can help you pick out a new system, install it for you and make sure that it works properly. Give us a call today!